Ron GregorsokVP, Purchasing
Ron Gregorsok currently holds the position of Vice President, Purchasing for AmerisourceBergen. He is responsible for leading the Direct and Indirect Procurement, Materials Management, and Supplier Diversity teams for the American Health Packaging affiliate in Columbus, OH. Ron is a key member of the Leadership Team with direct accountability for developing and implementing strategies and solutions that ensure the attainment of financial goals and strategic initiatives.Ron graduated from the University of Dayton in Mechanical Engineering prior to serving as an Officer in the U.S. Army, achieving the rank of Captain. Over his career he has spent time in the fire protection, aerospace, automotive, healthcare, insurance, and retail industries. Prior to joining AmerisourceBergen, he spent over 15 years in Procurement leadership roles at companies such as Johnson & Johnson and Luxottica. He is an avid aerobatic pilot and automotive enthusiast who loves spending time with his family, flying, and auto racing.
4:30 PM Panel: The Skills of the Past Will Not Deliver The Needs of The Future: How Are We Attracting & Developing Next Generation Procurement Talent? --- Mastering Capability
According to recent Deloitte global CPO survey, 60% of CPOs do not believe their teams have the skills to deliver their procurement strategy. Which behaviors and processes do CPOs need to develop across their teams to transform into a world-class procurement organization? During this panel discussion attendees will learn how to attract and develop the next generation of procurement leaders.
· Shift from tactical to strategic; what is required? Are you training for the skills that are in line with market demands?
· Find the right mix of talent to drive behavioral change across your procurement organization
· Define the capability framework to develop the right training approach for your own team
· Build a ‘start-up’ culture in your procurement organization that challenges convention and focuses more on the innovation agenda
· Target continuous improvement in your teams to protect procurement from changes in the future
· Discuss the impact of millennials and the impact on procurement