Benjamin ZuritaDirector, US Procurement Operations
Benjamin Zurita, LafargeHolcim US Procurement Director Operations. Benjamin leads Strategic Sourcing, Operations and Procurement Process Development in for West US operations. Benjamin joined LH in 2001, his experience at LH includes Global Procurement Development for all Operating Companies supporting Strategic Sourcing deployment, Net Working Capital Optimization and Organizational Development. Prior to joining LHUS he was Supply Chain Manager for Nestle in Latin America and worked for British Telecom in the UK. He holds a Master’s in Business Administration and Operational Research from Warwick Business School in the UK and a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Tec de Moterrey. He is a Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) from the Institute of Supply Management (ISM).
8:35 AM Panel: Pillars of Transformation: How Centralization, Innovation & Collaboration is Increasing Procurement Excellence --- Mastering Context
The role of procurement is entering a new era. Driven by a steady economy and rapid growth, companies are seeing a major business need to centralize procurement that brings about tighter controls, standardized processes and power to negotiate with vendors and achieve new efficiencies and savings. During this panel, attendees will hear from others who have moved from decentralized to centralized operations to manage supplier relationships, maintain contract compliance and keep costs down.
· Standardize and centralize processes while driving global adoption with enhanced processes
· Discuss a programmatic approach; design and build, drive execution, manage change
· Reduce operational costs and drive productivity and process improvement
· Enable category management focus on strategic instead of tactical activities
· Enable integration between sourcing, tactical procurement and accounts payable