Tuesday, October 23, 2018
7:45 am - 8:15 am Breakfast
8:15 am - 8:20 am Chairman's Recap
8:20 am - 9:00 am Streamlining the Source-to-Pay Process with Platform Automation
This session looks at technologies that were employed by enterprise procurement organizations in support of their transformation initiatives. Examine the return on investment and performance outcomes that include achieving reduced lead times, improved supplier retention, and reduced transaction errors. Look at advanced auction formats, e-sourcing platforms and e-auctions; all tools that helped to increase spend under management, and tactical buying. Evaluate supplier portals as a way to gain improved vendor collaboration process improvement. Take away best practices to engage your organization in digital transformation.
- Receiving criteria for gathering for optimal vendor collaboration through smart portal design
- Managing the change from manual to automated process workflow
- Getting the team on board
9:00 am - 9:30 am The Future is Now for Spend Analytics and Deep Learning
Some will argue that manual classification of spend data was more dependable than the array of spend analytic solutions that have infiltrated the market in the past decades. See how recent advances in deep learning can now fill the gap that troubled past analytics offerings by correctly classifying tail spend, tracking lessor used suppliers, and incorporating new languages and geographies. Examine the way machine learning-based platforms can automate an analytical model building using algorithms toward continuous improvement.
- Seeing how to “train” an AI-based spend analysis platform to recognize common scenarios
- Comparing statistical and pattern mapping techniques to machine-based learning solutions for data classification
- Evaluating machine-based solutions to free up resources too traditionally spent on fixing data problems and remediation
9:30 am - 10:00 am Checkpoints for a Super Vendor Report Card
Managing supplier relationships and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) can strain the Procurement organization and can be both time and resource consuming This session is designed to ensure that you are getting optimal value from your vendors. Take away a checklist to secure vendor promises are met and performance standards achieved. See how to regularly assess your relationships in a way that is scheduled and prescribed so that the right questions are being asked and service accountability practiced. Know when and how to issue warnings in a way that is trackable and documented.
- Asking the right questions at the right time
- Automating service level milestones
- Mapping accountability against agreement parameters
10:00 am - 10:30 am Business Meeting
10:30 am - 11:00 am Business Meeting/Break
11:00 am - 11:30 am Best Practices for Sustainable Purchase Order Management
While the PO management process is tactical, a proactive strategy promises that customer demand meets supply with a timely inflow of raw materials that ensures on-time delivery without placing undue stress on your organization. Get tips to mitigate buyer risk and liability by automating a standard authorization process for approval. See how to manage pending orders to avoid double payment and distribution confusion. Look at ideas for streamlining your PO template so that only the essential information is obtained. Reexamine your blanket PO process to be sure it is optimized for the ideal conditions. Take away ideas to achieve economies of scale across your PO process.
- Seeing how to automate inventory transfer between facilities
- Evaluating a simplified and proven workflow for the Procure to invoice process.
- Hearing how a rock-solid PO management process supports inventory transparency
11:30 am - 12:00 pm How to Sail Through Your Next Software Audit
Get an insider’s view of the fine print behind many third-party software contracts that may put your organization at risk for exploitation. Examine common tactics employed that limit license grants, and pricing shelf-life and other vulnerabilities. Understand how vendors often preserve the right to gain future revenue with the law on their side. Get tips to set up a review strategy to ensure that your organization is in compliance with term limits and other restrictive language. Look at preemptive tactics to mitigate your audit risk. Get tips to negotiate contractual flexibility. Gain a holistic view of your process from supplier onboarding to periodic contract review.
- Checking out software asset management tools
- Gaining a checklist to review your software provisioning practices
- Enabling your organization to focus on value-added projects and initiatives