Sunday, October 21, 2018
11:45 am - 12:45 pm Registration & Welcome Brunch
12:45 pm - 1:00 pm Welcome Orientation & Speed Networking
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm Getting It Right with End-to-End Procurement: Optimizing the User Buyer ExperienceJyothi Ahmed - Vice President, Head of Global Procurement Strategy Process & Operations, Bristol Myers Squibb
This session highlights the BMS procurement transformation journey towards an
enhanced user buying experience. Through technology, process and solid execution,
witness how BMS is driving business value by guiding employees to the right products
· Highlight the role of technology in the new buying experience
· Hear how the solution will fulfill your purchasing requirements and improve
management and oversight of company spending
· Learn how to support the buying experience with data to increase
productivity in the purchasing process, make more informed decision-making
and witness a speed to realization of procurement strategies.
Jyothi AhmedVice President, Head of Global Procurement Strategy Process & Operations
Bristol Myers Squibb
1:45 pm - 2:30 pm How to Put "the Strategic" into Strategic ProcurementKeith Woody - Vice President, Global Indirect Sourcing, Technicolor
Grasp a familiar and commonly missed critical-to-success component toward achieving success in exploiting the digital advantage. Beyond process redesign and tracking metrics– see how to activate and engage the people on the front-line of purchasing, sourcing, contract management and other activities through empowerment and mentorship programs designed to foster inclusion and adoption. Gain tips to ensure executive buy-in and to impart the value proposition for Procurement as a strategic partner across lines of business. Learn how to win the war on talent through employing training practices and continuous improvement programs to ensure your team is adept at the relevant skill sets needed to excel in their evolving roles.
- Building a supporting governance structure
- Designing guidelines that align and support organizational business objectives
- Building training and skill-building practices that deliver measurable results
Keith WoodyVice President, Global Indirect Sourcing
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Achieving Excellence in Supplier Diversity: The Case For Measurable Competitive AdvantagePriscilla Wallace - VP, Supplier Diversity, Compass Group
The future of responsible corporate procurement relies on both sustainability and supplier diversity to drive real impact. During this session attendees will learn how to:
- Leverage sustainability and supplier diversity into a sourcing strategy
- Identify the “value add” for customers and enlist the advocacy of internal stakeholders
- Align and enlist’ customer facing business partners to utilize supplier diversity to improve value and enhance brand equity
- Shape a culture of inclusion by developing a diverse network of suppliers
Priscilla WallaceVP, Supplier Diversity
3:05 pm - 3:35 pm Business Meeting
3:35 pm - 4:05 pm Business Meeting
4:05 pm - 4:25 pm Networking Break
4:25 pm - 5:10 pm Transforming the Spend Process With Artificial IntelligenceAnant Kale - CEO, AppZen
One of today's hottest topics in finance and procurement is "Artificial Intelligence.” But how do you get started with implementing it for your company? How can AI be applied to produce actual results, not fluff? In this session, Anant Kale, Founder and CEO of AppZen, will outline the how AI can be successfully applied to transform the outdated spend process. He’ll also dive into a real-world use case - showing how AI has been able to make spend audit processing 80% more efficient while catching 10x more compliance issues.
5:10 pm - 5:40 pm The Modern GPO Advantage
Procurement executives are constantly under pressure from top management to better communicate value and performance, identify cost savings, align procurement activities across the business, and create more value through advanced analytics. There is no doubt that the procurement function has increased in importance as a result of the savings delivered through strategic sourcing. However, the easy to grab, low hanging fruit has already been harvested. When you get to third, fourth or fifth generation of a strategic sourcing initiative on the same category, any further gains are unlikely to offset the cost of the sourcing event or to justify the disruption of changing suppliers. And yet, strategic sourcing is where many procurement departments continue to focus their time and energy. This needs to change.
If procurement organizations truly strive to be agile and meet the ever-increasing demands of their stakeholders, they must find a way to enhance their level of performance. To start, they should think differently about their internal and external relationships and where they are deploying their resources . Companies can choose from a variety of strategies to maximize their value proposition. Today, the most advanced companies in the world are finding this balance with the help of a GPO -Group Purchasing Organization. This session will focus on:
- Optimizing the GPO engagement – effectively aligning current processes with the hybrid outsourcing model.
- Increasing spend under management through GPO relationship and better stakeholder alignment.
- Leveraging the power and access of the GPO to deliver a better supplier experience.
- Dispelling common myths in the GPO space and determining a fit for your organization.